For this update, I focused on improving performance again. This time, it was improving the speed of the lighting engine. I figured that many people might be having problems with lighting eating up too much CPU time. I also made improvements to the way water spreads, and added a keyboard edit mode. Here’s the full list of changes:
- - Switched to the Reach profile to support DX9 and some older computers
- - Dramatically improved lighting calculation speed
- - Fixed some chunk boundary issues with lighting. Some other chunk boundary issues still persist.
- - Made liquids spread more uniformly and faster
- - Fixed some issues with dynamic objects not getting their light updated
- - Improved speed of water calculations
- - Fixed a few crashes in AI
- - Allowed the player to modify certain keyboard controls
- - Holding Alt, Left/Right Clicking, and using the mouse wheel now makes the selection box go up and down.
- - The AI debugger is no longer accessible
- - The default biome for flat land mode is now grassland rather than desert.
- - This version now automatically checks for updates from the internet
You can get it here.